The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award given to bloggers by bloggers. It is given to bloggers who are positive and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.
Dan Sellers of Adventure Born nominated O’Sullivans Travels for a Sunshine Blogger Award! Thanks for that Dan. The aim for my blog was to create a window into the world I was living while volunteering and traveling through mostly Southern Africa. What started as a way for my Grandma to keep tabs on me developed into a lot more. I’ve met some pretty neat people through writing and it’s always nice being able to look back and relive a memory.
For excepting this award, there are some rules I must now follow in return:
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the eleven questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate eleven blogs to receive the award and write them eleven new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
Well here are the eleven questions Dan gave me along with my answers! I’ll also be renominating his blogger friends. I trust they are great! I’ve had the pleasure to meeting Miss Noemie-Capucine and she is just awesome!
- If you could visit one country right now, where would it be?
- It’s been a few years but I’d love to get back to South Africa. Many friends, students. and family to reunite with.
- What’s your favorite animal?
- Cheetah or Monkey… or Eagle? I love animals
- Batman or Superman?
- I’m gonna go with Batman, he seems more inventive.
- Besides family and friends, what do you miss from home the most when you’re traveling?
- The convenience of my car.
- How old were you when you took your first flight?
- Pretty young. 4-5?
- Favorite school subject?
- math or social studies
- If you won one million dollars, what would be your very first purchase?
- I think about these things a lot and I’m really quite practical about it.. First thing I would do is pay off all debts.. after that maybe a plane ticket? or maybe a house!
- Where are you exactly right now as you’re reading this question?
- In my apartment, on my couch
- What was the last movie you watched?
- Batman vs Superman… Superman pretty much just got his ass kicked the whole time.
- If you had the opportunity to hike Mount Everest, all expenses paid, would you?
- Of course I would have to… but have you seen the movie? Kinda terrifying.
- What would you say to those that are afraid to travel somewhere new for the first time?
- Go with an open mind. You regret the things you don’t do in life a lot more than the things you do…do.
Here are the 11 other bloggers that I nominate:
- Noemie-Capucine Footloose Diary
- Chris Majsak To India and Beyond
- LeeAnne Run Adventurouslee
- Hannah Mathers Adventurous Han
- Raymond ExplorerRay
- PedroL World Wide PedroL
- April & Karina Karina’s Extraordinary Life
- Izzy Where My Carry-on Takes Me
- Åsa Maria LATINAMERIKALIV
- Aimee Weinstein Tokyo Writer
Here are my 11 questions:
- Three countries to live 1 year on each… which countries would you choose (not counting where you currently reside)?
- Would you ever compete on the the TV shows, “Naked and Afraid”, or “Alone”?
- Would you rather have the ability to Fly or be Invisible?
- What’s a hidden skill you have?
- What’s a recent moment you are proud of?
- How many years before we legitimately have an NBA star as dominate as Lebron James?
- What is your favorite sport of the Summer Olympics to watch?
- If you could give advice to your 13 year old self (one sentence), what would it be?
- What’s an item on your bucket list that you have not yet achieved?
- Netflix or HBO?
- What National Park in the USA would you visit and hike if everything was planned out perfectly for you?
Thanks again for the nomination Dan!
Next week I’ll be joining Dan on a two week road rally. Your guess is as good as mine but it is sure to be a grand time. Following along via http://adventureborn.net